Friday, March 31, 2006

Malaysian Sunrise

Here's a sunrise I shot out the window of my hotel in Palau Penang, an island just off the coast of Malaysia and a popular location for a lot of U.S. electronics manufacturers. I didn't fool with the color adjustments at all. These are accurate representations of what I saw. I believe the highly pastel coloring was due to the high humidity level. Both images were taken with the new Canon 5D with (believe it or not) a Tamron 28-300mm at around 200mm. JPEG Fine and manual exposure. There was so much water vapor in the air, you could literally stare at the sun without any problem. It was like shooting through a very dense "tobacco" filter. And yes, near the equator, the sun really does rise straight up and sets straight down! Enjoy, Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment