Friday, October 15, 2010

Picture of the Day - 10/14/2010



Backlit Aspens #2 - Here's another take on backlit aspens. This was captured along the road SE of Aspen, CO, near sunset. A lot of attention to detail was paid in this image - not only the correct technical details like exposure and depth of field - but compositionally, as well. I positioned the major trunk just off-center towards the right, with the smaller one positioned in the larger half of the frame. This creates balance to the image. I also placed the darker branches so that they served as framing elements, top and bottom. I allowed the ends of these branches to exit at the corners (right side). The diagonals they form are also a pleasing element to the eye. The dark green background of trees was adjusted during post-processing and the green complements the yellow leaves. All these help create the most pleasing composition - at least for me! I hope you enjoy it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment