Sunday, March 13, 2011

Picture of the Day - 3/7/2011

Sunset over the Rio Grande River, near McAllen, TX - Sheila and I arrived to the RV park about 5 PM today. Our camp spot is very close to the edge of the Rio Grande River in South Texas. It's in the high 70s and slightly humid, but otherwise pretty comfortable. We just finished a nice visit with good friends King and Sharon near Austin and will be spending this week at the NANPA Summit (www.nanpa.org), an annual nature photography conference. As I was reheating leftovers, I noticed the sun was preparing to set, so I ran out to the river's edge and grabbed a few shots. Settings: ISO 200, 1/125th second at f6.3. I cropped the image at the top and bottom for a better composition. Note the ugly posterization around the sky - a good reason to have saved this as a TIFF, rather than a JPEG (with associated loss of bit depth/resolution). Makes for a classic picture, though. The next two days, I'll be spending on wildlife preserves, so hopefully, will capture a bird or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment