Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Picture of the Day - 5/13/2011

Golden Potholes - I'm attending the annual Moab Photo Symposium and as a part of the program, joined one of the many afternoon photo shoots - this one led by organizer, Bruce Hucko. We headed for a somewhat hidden creek flowing over sandstone bedrock, just east of Moab. After hiking about a mile, we had dropped down to the creek and were ready to make photographs. As we worked out way downstream, I came across these potholes filled with recent rainwater. By photographing from a low vantage point, I captured reflections of the red rocks. Settings are ISO 100, aperture f16 and shutter 1/6 second. Because I was shooting in the shade, I used a cloudy white balance to counteract the bluish color cast in the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment