Thursday, June 11, 2009

Midwest Tour - 5/12/09

The day after my engineering seminar on the Monday, the 11th, Sheila and I flew back to Dayton to stay a few more days with friends Bob & Mary in Indiana. On the way home, we stopped through Detroit. Now Detroit has one of the longest terminal buildings I've ever seen. It is so long that there are two trams that take people from either end to the middle. It seemed we always had to go from the long terminal to the shorter one and this necessitated taking the tram to the middle and crossing under the taxiways through this lit up tunnel. It very much reminds me of the tunnel in Chicago's O'Hare Airport. This is the third lit up airport tunnel - if you recall, I posted the last one of the new Indianapolis Airport tunnel on my blog back in November last year. Here is an abstract view inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment