Thursday, June 11, 2009

Midwest Tour - 5/18/09

Back to my "Iris Project". I finally located a blue iris that was in good health down the street and around the corner from where I'm staying in Indiana. Knocking on the door and introducing myself, the owner gave me permission to photograph her blue iris - probably shaking here head when I wasn't looking... With the help of my able assistents, Bob and wife, Sheila, who held the white backdrop, I was able to photograph an iris portrait of each in the field (in situ, for you latin enthusiasts). So I now had a collection of red, white, and now blue irises. Well, what else could I do but combine them into a single panel - and just in time to celebrate the Fourth of July! This is still a "work in progress" as I'm not entirely satisfied with the background color or purity of the white backgrounds. But, I'll keep trying different things until it looks right. Here's the result as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment