Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Picture of the Day - 10/27/09

It was a cold foggy morning today - perfect for capturing the fall colors of forests. While I photographed several scenes of brightly colored foliage, sometimes a more subtle rendering is the most effective at conveying the desired mood. This was the case in this scene just north from where I'm staying with friends in Hollis, NH. It is part of the "Siergiewicz Family Conservation Lot" off South Merrimac Rd. I was taught by a well-known photographer (he's on this distribution - ha!) that "when you see water - think reflection"! {See Weldon, I'm trainable!} Unfortunately, the rural roads of New Hampshire seldom allow for turnouts, so I ended up making a number of "U"-turns as I overshot several great photo spots. Turning around and walking back a ways, I took several reflection shots, but thought this one turned out the best. Tomorrow, I plan to loop through part of Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment