Thursday, October 29, 2009

Picture of the Day - 10/28/09

Rain was the order of the day today, coming down over a multi-state area. I left New Hampshire this morning and purposely followed tertiary roads so that I could really see and experience the countryside. I passed through countless New England farms, which tend to be smaller, but with classic farm houses and barns. There were three covered bridges that found their way in front of my lens. I saw several wild turkeys on the road into Rhododendron State Park (NH). There were also plenty of wild areas - undeveloped and just begging to have photographs taken of the last of their fall color. It's almost like the forests were saying, "We've saved some of our color just for you, but you better hurry and get your shot!". Well, I'm a little late for the peak color, but I still enjoy the more subtle hints of fall. This misty image was shot near Barnard, Vermont, near where I'm staying with friend, Randal and Eilene. He treated me to lunch in the old fashioned general store down the street and then toured me around the area. This image was taken on the road to Hunger Mountain. What caught my eye, besides the fog, was the various diagonal lines in the ridges and treetops.

No comments:

Post a Comment