Friday, February 12, 2010

Picture of the Day - 2/11/2010

I'm currently working my way gradually to Reno to participate in the NANPA Summit (www.nanpa.org) - one of the largest gathering of nature photographers in the world. As Sheila is still recuperating from an extensive spine surgery, she elected to sit this trip out, so it's just me in the cockpit. I started out early this morning without too much of a plan...but after mulling the options over, I headed for Bryce NP, where I'm staying the night just outside the entrance. Tomorrow, I'll catch the sunrise and then head out to Zion NP for the rest of the day.

The view here is looking north into Eagle Canyon - part of the San Rafael Swell region in central Utah. This whole region is peppered with ancient petroglyphs and pictographs in the cliff faces and is well worth exploring. The sun was getting low in the sky and providing some nice soft light. Most of the layers you see are part of the Navaho Sandstone, which extends throughout the Southwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment