Sunday, February 21, 2010

Picture of the Day - 2/21/2010



I ended up in Oakhurst last night after slogging through quite a heavy snowstorm on the way out from Yosemite. I was "gett'in out'a Dodge" just in time, as the Crown Vic isn't the best vehicle in snow! This morning, I left and headed back up towards Reno, stopping at friends Keith & Connie. I'll be heading directly back towards Colorado the next two days...perhaps stopping at Arches N.P., if the snow conditions aren't too bad.

Spring is here already in California! As I was driving up Hwy 99 from Yosemite halfway between Modesto and Sacramento, I ran into patches of yellow and orange aster hybrids the highway department had planted on the sides of the roadway. The fields were quite thick for several miles.

Tomorrow, I hit "The Loneliest Highway" - Hwy 50 - through Nevada!

No comments:

Post a Comment