Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Picture of the Day - 3/30/09

Today, we left Page area for Monument Valley Tribal Park, administered by the Navajo Nation. After paying the entry and camping fees, we left the trailer parked on the edge of a plateau overlooking the valley below. Nothing like finding the best view of the Southwest and parking your "house" there! We were treated to a gorgeous sunset. In fact, there are two dates each year when the West Mitten casts its shadow in the center of the East Mitten and today was the day! These days fall in March and October. I also met up with several members of the Rocky Mountain Nature Photographers (www.naturephotographers.net, then click on "Forums" and "Rocky Mountain"). I oriented this shot in the vertical so it could possibly be used as a magazine cover shot. I also captured a number of terrific panoramics of the sunset, which I'll post on my Web site once I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment