Saturday, August 16, 2008

Picture of the Day - 7/23/08


Today, we drove from Provo to Bruneau Dunes State Park in Idaho (southeast of Boise). We arrived in late afternoon and rode the bikes from the campground out to the dune area in time for the sunset. I wasn't able to find a decent shot of the dunes, but am really partial to lone trees - one of which served as the subject for this shot. Tomorrow, I plan to be up before dawn to capture some dune images!


Believe it or not, this state park has free Wi-Fi!! Am I blessed, or what?! I was able to continue working the last bits of some projects. I can tell this working holiday is going to work out slick! If we happen to be without power, I'm running the laptop off a 12V battery (that's kept trickle-charged) and AC power inverter. If the place we camp has no Wi-Fi (Colorado NM, for one), I can usually connect to the Sprint high-speed network via my Palm Treo phone/PDA. Ain't technology wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment