Saturday, August 23, 2008

Picture of the Day - 8/20/08


Here's one more architectural shot from yesterday, as the conference photos today wouldn't be of much interest. This is the General Motors world headquarters complex, which includes the Marriott (conference hotel). See what I gave up to live for the week in our trailer?  :)


It's located right on the riverfront across from Windsor, Ontario, and just down the street from Cobo Center. Since this angle was catching the sun's reflections, I decided to reduce my aperture down to a minimum (f28) and create these eye-catching sun-stars. I corrected the vertical tombstoning distortion using Photoshop's Edit > Transform > Perspective control. I wonder if they'd use this for the cover of their next annual report?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment