Friday, August 29, 2008

Picture of the Day - 8/28/08


We left Bob & Mary's house and headed to Claremore, Oklahoma to visit my cousin Mike and wife Wanda. On the way, there wasn't too much to inspire, however, once we arrived at Claremore and became a little lost trying to find our RV park, I noticed this amazing sunset display. Had we not been turned around, ending up on a narrow country road, I'd have not had a clean foreground for this image! I'm amazed how often God places me at the right spot and all I have to do is press the shutter. I believe Ansel Adams was quoted similarly. I'm sure this phenomenon has a name, but I'm at a loss...

Claremore is located just NE of Tulsa and is the location where Will Rogers grew up and worked his ranch. There is now a fantastic museum with countless artifacts and mementos from his life. What a fascinating man!

No comments:

Post a Comment