Saturday, August 30, 2008

Picture of the Day - 8/30/08


Our last day with cousin Mike and Wanda found us in Tulsa at the Tulsa Gardening Association's greenhouse and garden. It includes a nicely landscaped garden area with nearby greenhouse with central fountain and four wings. One wing included cacti and other succulents. While I photographed many of the flowering plants, my favorite shot was of this barrel cactus. I liked the fact the larger two framed the central cluster. Using my Tamron 28-300mm lens, I focused on the central subject allowing the framing elements to go slightly out of focus. What really caught my eye were the orange/green color banding. Image data: 1/200th second at f8 (at 135mm).


The remaining day was spent shopping at an antique mall. Tomorrow, he head to Hutchinson, Kansas to visit the aerospace museum there - then it's back to Colorado to finish off the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment